Friday, July 10, 2009

Flip-Flop Home

I came across this idea, about 3 years ago, in a magazine. They had turned a planting box into a flip-flop holder and I thought it was a cute idea. And about a week ago I was going through the many flip-flops I have and I remembered that cute idea. So I decided to get crafty and make my own version of a filp-flop holder. I'd like to call it my flip-flop home.


Here is how I made my Flip-Flop Home:

I found a good size container (you could use anything) I found this little planter pot-basket (don't know what you call it) at Ross for $2.99 and I thought it would be perfect because I wanted some texture.


Spray paint your whole container with your base color (I chose hot pink because I thought it would be cute with all my flip-flops) I used Krylon Outdoor spray paint - Satin finish because I didn't want my flip-flop home to be shinny with gloss finish.


Than I took another fun bright color and added some demention to my home.


After all the paint was dry I added these really cut buttons I found at Wal-Mart they matched so perfectly and added a nice finished touch.


I do have to say my flip-flop home is much cuter!

Other ideas:

-You can add sand to you holder to make it extra fun (I decided to hold back on the sand because I know my 1-year-old would love to play in it).

-If you have a pool you could use it for a flip-flop holder and/or towel holder located pool-side.

No comments:

Post a Comment