Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Oreo Cupcakes

I had a roommate in college that would make these really yummy giant oreo cookies. And for some weird reason I have been craving them lately. Today was a bad crave! The only problem was I didn't have any clue how to make the cookies. So I improvised and came up with my very own type of Oreo creation.

I'd like to call it the "Oreo Cupake" -
they may not look the prettiest but they are REALLY GOOD!

They are so simple to make.
Just get a box of Duncan Heines Devil's Food cake mix (mix as the box says)

place batter into well greased muffin pan (fill cups 1/3 - 1/2 full - to get flatter cookies)
Follow the cooking temp and time on box
Let cupcakes cool. Cut in half and spread your favorite type of frosting in between halves.

There you have it, "Oreo Cupcake"

ENJOY!

Warming if you are pregnant and hungry it will be hard to eat just one!

I am trying to freeze the rest to see if they are good frozen. It would also be fun to use colorful frosting and decorate the tops - but Im not that creative! Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I have never had the cupcake version, but something similar. You take devil's food cake and make cookies and then take 2 cookies and put a cream cheese frosting (I think that's what it was) in between them. And just so you know, they taste great after they've been refrigerated or frozen too!

    ReplyDelete