Monday, September 14, 2009

Hooded Towels

I am such a fan of hooded towels. I think they are the best! But you go to buy the cute decorated ones and they are anywhere from $30-$40 (at the baby boutiques). Or they are hard to find. So I decided I'd take a stab at making my own and well now I am addicted!


I found some really cute towels and hand towels at T.J. Maxx on clearance and even some cute decorated towels at Wal-Mart on clearance and now I have some very cute hooded towels for my kids. I didn't take pictures as I went along - sorry (I was kind of experimenting as I went) but I took some different pictures to hopefully show how to do-it-yourself.



I made a couple of really cute towels for my baby girl they were even cheaper because I used a hand towel and a wash cloth for a smaller version. My favorite one is pictured above.

How I made my hooded towels:


I took the hand towel and cut 1/3 of it off; than I took the finished edge and sowed it together (this forms the hood). I had to hand stitch the edge because it was to thick for the sowing machine.


I measured the big towel and found the middle and sowed the hood to it. (If your towel is a loose knit you may have to pinch the material in the middle at you are sowing the hood on because the material moves a lot).


And it's as easy as that!


Another nice part of doing it yourself is the 1/3 piece of the hand towel you cut off you can cut up and make matching wash clothes...or if you have a baby they work for burp cloths also.

Here are all of the ones I have made so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment