Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hospital Bag Checklist

By Babytalk

You can't anticipate every need, but keep these in your bag, and you'll be ready for almost everything.

-Pre-registration forms
-Health insurance card
-Cash and credit cards
-Watch (with a second hand to time contractions)
-Massage lotion
-Lollipops or lozenges
-Lip balm
-Your favorite pillow
-Robe
-Nightgown(s)
-Light sweater or bed jacket
-Slippers
-Nursing bra
-Breast pads or shields
-Underwear (3 pair)
-Socks (3 pair)
-Sanitary pads
-Toothbrush
-Toothpaste
-Soap
-Moisturizer
-Body lotion
-Deodorant
-Shampoo & conditioner
-Hairbrush
-Hairdryer
-Makeup
-MP3 or CD player and favorite songs
-Magazines
-Books
-Snacks
-Water
-Camcorder
-Disposable or instant camera
-Film
-Batteries
-Contacts list
-Pen
-Travel clothes and shoes
-Coat or sweater
-Shopping bag (for gifts)
-Baby's Take-Me-Home outfit
___________________________

My wonderful Mother-in-Law asked me the other day if I had my hospital bag packed...honestly it hadn't even crossed my mind. I wasn't even really prepared with a bag for my first pregnancy and I totally spaced it again this time. And I can't, for the life of me, remember what I even packed so I checked out Parenting.com and they had a list. I personally don't think all of the item are even necessary but I just listed everything for those of you who are getting close to your due dates and are starting to prepare to the hospital.

If anyone can think of something that they think was a need at the hospital that's not listed PLEASE leave a comment with the suggestion!

Thanks - And happy packing!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this. There are lots I wouldn't have thought of ;)

    ReplyDelete