Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fruit Pizza with a Twist

I have had some people ask me to do some posts on some fun recipes for kids. I am about 22 weeks pregnant and I have been craving fruit alot so I thought I would make a fruit pizza and see if my 15-month-old boy would eat it, and it was a hit.

Im sure many of you know how to make fruit pizza, it's pretty simple. But I decided to make it a little more fun for my boy and this is what I came up with...little individual pizza's in shapes.

He loved it!

What you need to make fruit pizza:

-1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
-1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
-1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
-your favorite fruits sliced up

Directions:

Take your sugar cookie dough and flatten it onto a cookie sheet (bake as suggested). In a mixing bowl mix together your cream cheese and whipped topping. When your crust (sugar cookie) is cooled spread your mixed topping over it. Take your sliced fruit and decorate the top as you wish.
If you want to do the shapes for kids just cut them out and cook like regular sugar cookies and decorate with fruit in fun shapes or faces.
I am sure many of you will come up with some clever ways to decorate.
Let me know if your kid(s) loves it as much as mine did!

1 comment: