Thursday, May 28, 2009

Question....

This was a comment posted by Shelley and she needs some help:

I have a question that maybe you could post so someone can answer it... how in the world do you deal and manage being light headed so much? I wasn't half this bad with Hunter, but it seems like I have to sit down for everything this pregnancy.


Here is my two-bitz: Shelley the only thing I can think of that might help is to make sure you are eating enough...I know it's the last thing you wanna hear when you are pregnant and don't want to gain a ton. But I noticed that sometimes my headaches and dizziness were when I would forget to eat (yes I am that spacey, with a little 15-month-old controlling my life I forget to eat). And make sure you aren't over doing things...don't feel like you have to be a superwomen. Make sure you are drinking lots of water too, with this summer heat coming I've been told lots of water helps.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions she would really appreciate the help!

4 comments:

  1. When I get that way during pregnancy orange juice is my best friend!!! I get light headed and headaches a ton and that seems to help...I have blood sugar issues and something quick and sugary seems to do the trick for me...hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip... I will have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Misty...I see you started the mom blog. YEAH! You can count me in! My due date is Oct. 23....and this is Skye M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK water is so important I'm on a "heathier life style gig" and they are now suggesting you drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily!! So if you are 100 lbs (ha ha ha) then you must drink 50 ounces of water a day. Now it sounds imposible but I guarantee you it is doable and it is worth it prego or not!! I feel beter and my weight is dropping off. Just get past the first two or three days and your body will use it better rather than jut peeing all the time. If water isn't your thing there are tons of drinks out there that are flavored water with no extra anything (my fav is Poweraid Zero). Another plus to drinking so much water is that when I do try and have a soda it is gross...way to sweet to drink.

    ReplyDelete