Friday, May 15, 2009

Pregnancy Dreams...where do they come from?

Being pregnant can take a real toll on your body...but what about your mind?

For the past month I have been having some weird and scary dreams...which I know is common for pregnant women.

I remember with my first pregnancy I had some weird dreams – but this time around they are scary.

I hate to share some of them because they seemed so real and I am afraid to share because on some strange level I am afraid they might come true...well here goes:

My first scary dream I can remember is that my little boy died (it was the worst feeling I have ever had). I woke up bawling and couldn't go back to sleep. I woke up my husband and asked him if I could check on my son and he told me no go back to sleep...needless to say I cried the rest of the night and into the morning when I got to hold my baby. I didn’t want to leave his sight for a long time. That was the worst dream ever. My second dream was that I left my husband and I was happy (which is weird because I know I wouldn't be happy). And the latest scary dream is that I lost the baby I was currently carrying...while I was at high school?

Other than the scary dreams my dreams seem to be very random and they make no sense at all. I have dreams about people I haven't seen, or thought about since grade school.

So where do these dreams come from and why are they so weird?

I just thought I'd share with all the pregnant (and previously pregnant) women out there who may know what I am experiencing.

And feel free to share with me any weird dreams. I like to know I’m not alone! :)

Why do we have such "off-the-wall" dreams?

I guess I should enjoy that I am getting any sleep as it is...because in about a month I might not be getting any!

No comments:

Post a Comment