Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Recipes I Wanna try

I am the first to admit that I am NOT a chef...I’m not even a COOK! Manwich is my specialty and Mac-n-Cheese is a delicacy.

So I thought I would find some recipes that looked good and hopefully it will motivate me to widen my cooking horizon.
Click on name for Recipe:



Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins


Ravioli with Sage Butter



Skillet Four-Cheese "Baked" Pasta



Buffalo Chicken Pizza


And this recipe was from Shelley:

String Pie

1 lb ground beef

8 oz pkg spaghetti noodles, cooked and drained

2 eggs, beaten

1 c. cottage cheese

1/2 c. chopped onion

1 jar (15 oz) spaghetti sauce

1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese

2 tbsp melted butter

1/2 c. mozzarella cheese

Brown beef and onion. Drain fat. Add jar of spaghetti sauce. Mix well and simmer.Combine hot spaghetti noodles, parmesan cheese, eggs, and butter in large bowl. Mix well.

Place noodles mixture in bottom of 9 X 13 dish. Spread cottage cheese over noodles. Pour sauce over cottage cheese and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Thanks Shelley!

2 comments:

  1. This recipe is yummy. Just had it tonight. It's a lot like lasagna, but easier. And there is plenty more where this comes from too. Ask for more recipes, and ye shall receive!

    String Pie

    1 lb ground beef
    8 oz pkg spaghetti noodles, cooked and drained
    2 eggs, beaten
    1 c. cottage cheese
    1/2 c. chopped onion
    1 jar (15 oz) spaghetti sauce
    1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
    2 tbsp melted butter
    1/2 c. mozzarella cheese

    Brown beef and onion. Drain fat. Add jar of spaghetti sauce. Mix well and simmer.
    Combine hot spaghetti noodles, parmesan cheese, eggs, and butter in large bowl. Mix well.
    Place noodles mixture in bottom of 9 X 13 dish. Spread cottage cheese over noodles. Pour sauce over cottage cheese and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question that maybe you could post so someone can answer it... how in the world do you deal and manage being light headed so much? I wasn't half this bad with Hunter, but it seems like I have to sit down for everything this pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete